Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Self-Deprication

            One day over my summer break, I went to a surprise birthday party for one of my long time friends.  I told my mom that we should leave five minutes late just so I am not the first person there, since my parents are always super early for everything I do. I pulled up her driveway and noticed a suspicious girl chomping on gum as loudly as possible.
 I said, “Hey! Are you here for Ellen’s surprise birthday party?”
All she did was roll her eyes and pop her gum. If only I could pop that gum to get it all stuck in her hair just like her stuck up attitude. People like her are the reason I rarely leave my house.  She stepped in front of me and slowly walked to the front door. I hope this girl knows that since she has gum in her mouth she does not have to walk like she has gum stuck to the bottom of her foot! As she opened the door I was thankful that there were other girls there. 
Ellen was coming to her surprise party in five minutes. We all tried to find a hiding place that she would not be able to see any of us when she walked in.  Of course once we are all hidden the gum chewing girl had to go to the bathroom. As she walked to the bathroom, Ellen walked in. Obviously things were not going according to plan.
The only thing intellectual that the gum chewing girl could think of to say was, “This is definitely not your surprise birthday party!”
Wow, what a genius. I bet Ellen can already tell that it is her surprise birthday party by all of the hanging decorations that say happy birthday.  Even if she had meant it sarcastically, it was not funny, she ruined the surprise factor. I should have known she was no good. I bet that even if she was the last human being on planet earth, I would be gladly living on the polar opposite side of the world.
Once we were done eating pizza, we went to the bonfire out in the front yard. Some of the girls had been acting very suspicious by going downstairs and coming back upstairs? What were they hiding that was so important?  While we talked by the fire there was this girl that looked all worn down. I still do not know her name to this day, but I guess she got her first B+ ever, and complains about getting an A-. Well at least that’s what I heard. That annoys me, seriously be thankful that you are so intellectually smart that getting a 90 makes you want to go crying home to your mommy. It is still an A and you are still on High Honor Roll. Please cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.

It was about 10 PM when everyone was getting picked up, and we all decided we needed a group picture. The gum chewer decided that her hair didn't look good so she was going to take a picture. I do not know what was wrong with her, she might have had a sugar rush, but her hands were so shaky the pictures look liked a two year old took it.  I can only pray that she can control her muscles to not shake just for a few seconds to take a semi normal picture. I always need my pictures to be crystal clear and not pixelated. I finally figured out why some people were acting weird, it was because a few girls got chosen to have a sleepover. Good for you, I would not have cared except for the fact that you had to hide it. I would not have cared, but hiding something is suspicious, immature, and annoying. Just tell me straight up and I will not care, I probably have more important things to do than to sit around and prank call your boyfriend at two in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment